MasterChef 8 Video Submission Instructions
Length: We strongly encourage you to make sure that your video is no longer than 5-10 minutes in duration
Content: WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TAPE YOU; WE WANT TO SEE YOU THROUGHOUT ALL OR MOST OF THE VIDEO. Please make sure we can see and hear you clearly.
The video is to get a good sense of YOU – where you live, what you love cooking, what you enjoy doing apart from cooking, your family and friends etc.
We need to SEE YOU IN ACTION and we want to see your PERSONALITY!!! Be as creative, big and bold as you can! There is no "right" or "wrong" thing to say on tape, we just want to get to know you. Have fun with it and make it as personal as possible.
Please do not edit your tape or add music, we prefer you send it as raw footage.
We strongly recommend that you do not wear any clothing on your tape which includes any logos, photographs, artwork/drawings, posters, or any other copyrighted material and we strongly recommend that you do not include logos, photographs, artwork/drawings, posters, or other copyrighted material on your tape.
TOP TIPS OF WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
1) Please start with a shot of yourself standing outside your house and introduce yourself along the lines of “My name is X and welcome to my home in X”.
2) Please state your name, age, what city/town you currently reside in and what your current occupation is.
3) Please give us a tour of your house and introduce who you live with – family / friends.
4) Please tape yourself doing other activities ie if you are sporty, get someone to tape you in action; if you collect comic books, please show us your collection.
5) We would of course love to see you in the kitchen showing off your cooking skills! Show us your cooking utensils, your plating skills, your pantry, your favorite ingredients (especially ones that make you stand out), etc. SINCE YOU ARE NOT COMING TO AN OPEN CALL, YOU NEED TO COOK & PLATE YOUR SIGNATURE DISH (there is no need to tape the full cooking process).
Tell us what food/cooking means to you and your cooking experience. How did food play a role in your life when you were growing up? Where did your inspiration for cooking come from? Has your heritage played a part in your cooking skill? If yes, how so? How often do you cook? How often from recipes and/or from scratch? Have you had any training in the kitchen? What kind of cook are you? What type of food do you enjoy to cook? What do you think makes you a good cook? If you are married, have kids or have a girlfriend/boyfriend, quickly introduce us. Outside of food, what wouldn’t we know about you based on our first impressions? We also want to know about your personal life (hobbies, accolades, goals, etc).
Deadline: Postmarked by April 29th, 2016 (the sooner the better!) to be considered; deadline is subject to change as determined by producers.
Please mail the below materials to:
MasterChef Season 8 Casting
5200 Lankershim Blvd. 5th Floor
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Your completed application
Your video submission (preferred on a DVD or Mini DVD)
- Two (2) Photographs: 1) current photo of yourself and 2) your signature dish
• Please clearly label the tape/DVD and case with your name, phone number and “MasterChef Season 8 Casting”.
• Make a copy of your tape to keep in case anything should happen to your tape.
• Your video will become the sole property of the Producers.
Please note these video instructions are subject to change as determined by the producers. These video submission instructions are suggestions not requirements; producers reserve the right to select individuals who do not comply with all or some of these video submission instructions to participate in the series. All those considered for the series will be required to submit and sign additional documents (which may include, without limitation, a participant agreement, waiver, and series rules) in order to be considered to participate in the series. If there is any conflict between the information on this website and the foregoing documents, the foregoing documents shall control.